Friday, September 15, 2006

A perilous start

Hey everyone, I'm being a bit of a rebel since I will be doing a stripeless Essential Stripe with cotton yarn. I'm using Rowan Calmer, deliciously soft in a chocolately brown. I really want to do the mid-length sleeves but I'm not sure if I'll have enough. Let me tell you when you start this knit it is lightning fast. I started last night and today I'm nearly done with the raglan increases. Probably about 4 hours of solid knitting. Even though my gauge is off the beauty of this knit is that it's easy to try on. Because this is cotton I'm going to try and get it as close fitting as it can handle, so I've made the raglan increases 7.5". Maybe even have some pictures tomorrow. This might very possibly be the fastest knit ever.

2 Comments:

Blogger leaves.of.lorien said...

Wow! You've come along quickly! I haven't even received my yarn in the mail yet! :D

I'm glad to hear that it's easy to try on and figure out sizing. I was a tad worried on that front.

1:50 PM, September 15, 2006  
Blogger Melissa North said...

Sure, if you have another similarly sized circular needle or scrap yarn you can try it on properly. The pattern is really flexible because it's simple so you should be able to tailor it if you want.

4:35 AM, September 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home